May 9, 2010
But I only sent it for repair on Friday, because only on Friday my screen arrived.
Teh shop dismantled it, put on new screen, and called me to say that my lappie is done.
When I went there yesterday, I saw a line across the screen...
She had to dismantle it again, only to find out she accidentally broke it.
So, I will be only getting my laptop back on Thursday or Friday. T^T
ps: I'm working on 3 Agent P keychains, and 2 Domo-kun hand phone charms.
Apr 5, 2010
I made a teddy bear last night out of boredom. And because I can't think of anything to write for the next chapter of ULAM April.
Actually, I was browsing the net for felt toys pattern, since I have tons of felt fabric, and I have absolutely no idea what to make. But somehow, it ended up as me making a teddy bear.
The fabric, my old orange checkered shirt.
Started doing it around 11:30 pm last night, until 1 am, and then I continued making it this morning.
The result: RETARDED LOOKING BEAR.
Apr 1, 2010
With Min, in front of our house :D. Do not comment on the weight!
- Integrated Patient Management – how we handle patients that come to see us, from diagnosis to physical examinations, to treatment and education. Very tough, because not only do we have to know about what are the patient's symptoms are pointing to, we also have to do vital signs, relevant physical examinations, treatment (as in prescribing drugs) and patient's education, all in 20 minutes time. AURGH
- Clinical Reasoning – clinical reasoning is somewhat like IPM, but without the simulated patient. It's a written test, where we will be given a situation with certain symptoms. So we have to write 3 differential diagnoses (3 most likely diseases), the symptoms, signs, golden standard, lab exam etc of all 3 diagnoses, and write the treatment and education for the most likely disease. I FAILED THIS ONE AND HAVE TO REPEAT IT AGAIN T^T.
- Minor surgery – D: this… is difficult because of we have to make sure our settings and the wound is aseptic at all time. What we do during this station is umm… wound stitching :D
- Physiological labor – assisting stage 2 of normal labor. We use mannequin :D
- Emergency – Okay… this stage is tough, depending on what case is given for emergency. If your case is IV line combined with catheterization, then honey, you're toast. But if your case is CPR and bandage, well, you can breathe easy. Unless you fucked the CPR good, or bandaged the wrong limb, there's unlikely chance for you to fail.
LOL. Looks like we're posing for some kind of girls band album cover :p
So, although now I'm officially a junior doctor, my rotation won't start till June. And like I said in my previous post, two months break, what do? Mom doesn't want me to go home, cause no one is available to fetch me from the airport (so sad T^T), I have no monies to go traveling, and I don't want to stay in Jogja alone while all my girlfriends are back in Malaysia (most of the boys won't go back, but… it's not like I'm staying with them, so they're like inexistent until I'm hungry or bored). Sorry for the sexist pics. They're not from my camera.. ( I accidentally left my cam cable at home... in Malaysia ; ;)
Mar 31, 2010
Mar 28, 2010
Did you guys participate in the latest Earth Hour yesterday?
I forgot about the hyped Earth Hour, when it was supposed to be celebrated. Then again, even if I remembered, I couldn't be arsed to join. Spending 60 minutes in total darkness is not my way of celebrating Earth. What do I do in the dark? Sit there idly while counting how many mosquitoes will bite me? No sir. I have better things to do, such as studying for my exam on Monday. Besides, I think I've done more than enough of my part in Earth Hour during the latest 3-4 hours power breakdown in Jalan Kaliurang. I think I emitted less carbon footprint sitting in my room than taking a ride around Jogja on my trusted Ken-chan.
One hour of total darkness isn't going to change much, you know. It's more of what you can do on a daily basis that will help the earth. You think that by participating in Earth Hour will make you feel good enough about yourself for wasting electricity for one whole year? Think again.
This is what you can do if you truly care about the earth:
- Switch off your lights if you're not using it. If your room is bright enough during the day, then please, switch the light off. Having an electrical light on a bright, naturally lit room isn't going to make the room brighter.
- If you can live without the air conditioner, please minimize the usage. Not only it will emit a lot of carbon footprint, using a/c for a long time will put a significant dent on your pocket.
- Forget the recycling bullshit. Recycling is not power efficient nor earth efficient. What you can do is try to reuse everything. Minimize your trash. You have an unwanted bag? Use that bag for your grocery shopping. You don't have to buy specialized bag like what's being promoted in major supermarkets. Feeling bad because you use too many paper? Well, don't burn it. Sell it to the old newspaper collectors XD. Still feel bad about wasting paper? PLANT A TREE, NAO! Not only you'll reduce the carbon dioxide emission in your house, you'll be rewarded by the pleasant sight of greenery outside your home :D
- Using energy efficient light bulbs helps a ton. You'll get the same illumination with almost half the cost. Isn't that sweet? XD Tho, I admit, that the bulb itself is expensive. It will be cheap in the long run! So don't be kedekut because you want to save a few ringgits initially! D:<
- If you can shower without the hot water, please do. But then, I don't think this is a problem for Malaysians. Our country is freaking hot that the only time we use hot water is during the friggin early morning shower and that late night before sleep shower. I have yet to see a house in Malaysia that is fully equipped with hot water even the kitchen sink have hot water. Well, maybe there are… hmm…
- I don't want to talk about this last one. Seriously. Because I hardly do it. I read somewhere that you should unplugged your electronics even after you've switched them off. I honestly will admit, I am guilty of not unplugging my lappy. The most I did was shutting it down. That's it. And most of the time, I just hibernate my laptop. Guilty as charged. You can save a lot from your electric bills just from shutting/hibernate (cause when you hibernate, you can unplug it :D) AND unplugging the electronics (like phone charger, lappie charger, PC power outlet etc etc).
I think we geeks should highlight point six. After spending 15 hours on ps2/xbox 360/wii/ ps3, we should UNPLUGGED the console. And computers shouldn't be left running 24/7. At least switch them off and UNPLUG it one hour a day. Phone/ipod/mp3/camera chargers shouldn't be left on power sockets. Done charging, unplug it. Dangling wires are not attractive either. I think if I actually did number 6 thru and thru, I can cut down our house bill by a fraction. Which is good \o/
Let's hope that I will actually do what I wrote here. Not just a one time ranting XD
Mar 26, 2010
My world had been shaken yesterday. I felt terrible, and stupid. Terribly stupid, up to a point where I felt numb. I think I cried myself to sleep. It was so bad; I have trouble sleeping, combined with feeling nauseous.
Dumbed, and numbed, I stumbled into today. Spent entire morning playing games, and the entire afternoon finishing up Dan Brown's The Last Symbol (the book is boring, btw) when I'm supposed to be studying. Finally had the courage, and the strength to pick up my notes, and reread it. Thank you God, for the power breakdown, You're truly the All-Knowing.
That's when I read it.
And after reading it, my troubles were insignificant compared to the turmoil of this fellow friend. Hugs, dear friend. May you be well.
Mar 25, 2010
Mar 22, 2010
For the past year, I have been wasting my life browsing the lowest site on the internet (I won't tell you the site, you'll know it if you know it, and if you don't, don't worry, you're not missing much. In fact, I can honestly tell you, you're not missing anything at all). They have discussions (stupidly discussed, but it still got me thinking) of atheism vs Christianity, and of course, why they hate Islam.
I bet all of you already know that Islam has been associated with terrorism since the past few decades. Not helping with the news of Abu Sayyaf, the Muslim vs Christian war in Aceh, Iraq's war, the never ending war in Palestine, Taliban in Afghanistan, so on and so forth. And get this, we're not only violent, but we are also associated with female degradation, and child bride issues. Hah! So much for the Prophet Muhammad's work to empower women. In the end, Muslims are said to be oppressing the female members of the society.
Why did all of these shits happening? Is Islam fundamentally wrong? Is the teachings of Islam are not applicable to the current world, ever changing and ever challenging? Or is it, the way of the muslims themselves interpreting Islam?
From my observations (and it's not much, sorry), it's not the teachings of Islam that are wrong. The best thing about Islam is, it's ever evolving, and it's not restrictive, at all (as long as you do no harm to yourself and the society, la). When the Church declared scientists as heretics, Islam embraced science, and encouraged it. And I really love this period of Islam. Not only had they had brilliant scientists when the west is in their dark age, these scientists themselves were well converse in the laws of Islam. They understand the world, and the Power behind it. And we've lost it, when the last of Muslim Empire fell during the WW1. Maybe earlier.
The muslims now, are just shadows of the past. Less than shadows even. They do not fully understand their own religion, and if they do, they twist it so that it suits their needs. Whoever heard of twisting religion to suit your own need? You did not just use religion to justify your way. Like the case of Saudi Arabia child bride. Wtf man! You were saying that if you did not marry that kid young (fucking 8 years old) it will collapse the whole social structure of your country? That's just plain bullshit! I understand that the unnecessary mingling between males and females is discouraged in Islam, and there are lots of ways you can do to prevent the unnecessary mingling. Not just marrying these kids young! And to some old men too! That is just wrong. That's like, selling your own daughter to a pedophile. It's just wrong. And don't try to counter it with Rasulullah marrying Aisyah when she's freaking 6 years old. It's a totally different time during Rasulullah's time, and at that time, children mature faster than they do now.
Don't get me started on virtuous killing, ie killing your daughter that has just been raped. Like fucking raped. Is it her fault that she's raped? She brought shame to your family by being raped? Do you think, that any sane woman would ask themselves to be raped? Even those sexy slutty girls are afraid of getting raped. They dressed up the way they do not because they want to be raped, it's because they think that it will give them confidence, and a boost of self esteem. Not because they secretly wanted to be raped. Do you guys even know that actually, females are supposed to be treated like queens and princesses? I bet you don't. That's what Rasulullah has been trying to teach us. Why do girls have to wear hijab? It's because they're above male. They're not objects to be stared at with gaping mouth, or make fun at. If they wanted to lose the hijab, let them. But you still have to treat them like the queens and princesses they are. Even when they're being slutty. Even then. Males are supposed to protect the females like knights sworn to protect the queens and princesses, not use females as what they see fit. And when they act bitchy, and you truly can't stand them, just leave. What kind of a man that hit a woman? Only losers do that. The sad part is, Rasulullah taught us to treat females as the royalty they are, but now, most muslim men treat females as third class citizens. It is sad.
Now on to the topic of insulting Islam. I love this part. It seems like Muslims are born with short fuse when it comes to insulting our religion. Cartoon of Rasulullah: KILL THE CARTOONIST! Saying Islam is a violent, outdated religion: KILL THE PERSON WHO SAID THAT! Questioning the logic behind the Islamic rules and regulation: WTF! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING?? YOU'RE MURTAD! Calm down fellow muslims! This is not how we deal with things that disagree with us! If you want to beat up every person that insults your religion or your religious icon, then sir, where is the peace in Islam? You're not willing to share the knowledge with outsiders, and when they misunderstood you, you raged. Can you blame them for misunderstanding, when it's really is your fault in the first place? You think Allah wants you to kill every infidel in the world? He did not created them just to be fuel for Hell. How many years Rasulullah endures insults and beatings before he starts fighting back? A lot of years! Not only he endures it, he was kind to every person, even those who insulted him. He's willing to forgive, and forget. And he even explains to them, what is he teaching, his revelation.
How many years have you guys spent spreading the words and teachings of Islam before you decided to pick up the sword and slays the infidel?
You're the one that's destroying Islam, and making it ugly. Not them.
Mar 21, 2010
Iunno why, but I have been having homesickness since the day I came back to Jogja.
It's like the worse homesickness evaarrr in the whole 2 years.
I feel like bawwing, and all I can think of, is going home. Yet, I've only been in Jogja for less than a week...
Stupid Rean.. T^T
Mar 18, 2010
Mar 7, 2010
Gone, just like that.
For 3 months I've waited, no news.
And I had to do what I have to do, asking to end this relationship. I was happy, for the short month we were together, I was happy. You, brought the smile back to me, and for once after a long time, I thought that every thing would be okay. That's what you told me too.
Everything will be okay, as long as we're together.
Sadly, it only lasted for 3 months.
But it's okay. I was happy those short time I'm with you.
I love you. I hope, you are okay, wherever you are.